Sunday, February 26, 2012

When you've got a good thing . . .

Yes, I've had the servicing done on my car. I did pay $125 less than their initial quoted price. I am happy with the service, happy with my car.

After all, it's a 2005 TL, 57,860 miles on it, drives like a new car, looks great. What's not to like?

Well,
  • It's not brand new
  • I always want a new car
  • That 2012 loaner I drove for a day got under my skin, so to speak
  • It's more comfortable
  • A bit smoother
  • More horse power
  • Keyless ignition

But my car still looks better, the style and shape of it. I think it's sad when you have a great looking car, classic, actually, in its styling, and you go messing with that.

About 2009, Acura started that kind of messing, and the result? That 2012 Acura TL looks an awful lot like a 2012 Toyota Camry, and if I wanted a car like that, I'd buy a Toyota Camry.

It's kind of like what they do to running shoes. Yeah, you get your Brooks or your NB or whatever, and you love them, and you go back the next year for another pair just like it. But, no.

So no new car for me. Besides there's the money thing. They want 42,000 or more for that TL.

Hmph.


No comments: