Friday, February 24, 2012

It can be scary

My sister has advised me I should stop looking in the mirror. That's hard to do since a mirror covers the length of the wall in my bathroom.

What I see reflects (kind of a pun, you know, on mirror) what is happening to my body because of:
  • age
  • neglect(?)
  • eating what I like and not what is good for me
  • genetics(?)

Yesterday, when I looked I decided, "She's right. This is too hard to watch."

What I saw in yesterday's mirror was that my face is falling down. Really.

I hope the descent is slowish.

I mean, I don't exactly have jowls yet. And I can still see--eyelids not yet too far down for sight. I can still lift my cheeks in a smile or to sing.

However, I am not sure I look like the person I used to look like. Me. And I'd like to.

No comments: