Thursday, February 2, 2012

Just So You Know

I don't like it when:
  • people less than half my age tell me how to do something I've been doing--and very well, thank you--since before they were born
  • people assume my white hair means the head beneath it is empty
  • people think that I couldn't possible know "what's going on"; think again
  • things break or go wrong in my house; it makes me feel insecure
  • my hair is straight; it makes me feel insecure

I like it when:
  • my garage door opens without a hitch
  • my car starts
  • my across-the-street neighbor calls to tell me I've left my garage door open; this only happens at night, and I don't often leave the door open, but if I do, she calls--I can count on it
  • my neighbor on my left mows my little stretch of lawn near his house
  • someone comes to rake my leaves--and I don't really care who it is
  • my kids call and I know they are okay
  • better yet, they stop by
  • friends stop by
  • I've lost a pound or two
  • my hair has some curl in it

And I like it that I have finished my Grandma's quilt.

No comments: