Sunday, February 12, 2012

Two Things

1.
Today I took chili to a church function. I've always made good chili. It's true.

Earlier in the week, someone at Curves told me that her friend puts chorizo in chili and it is so very good. "You should try it," she said.

So I did.

I went out and bought some chorizo. Of course, you can't buy only one. You have to buy at least four in a package. At least four. And they aren't cheap.

This morning, I cut up the chorizo, only one of them, put the pieces in a frying pan to cook out some of the grease--it is so yellow, by the way--and then added it to my pot of chili. The chorizo, not the grease.

Yes, my chili was all eaten, for which I'm glad, but not before I had a bowl. However, and I'm sure you know where I'm going here, I can only say this about the chorizo and its effect upon my chili: enh. Translation: nothing to write home about.

2.
I have seen my dermatologist, Dr Burr-Under-the-Saddle, on TV in a commercial for ReJuv. There he is, as I have seen him for now many years, standing over some patient, holding her hand--her, of course, since ReJuv is a "Spa" specializing in making aging women look young--and he is wearing the light on his head, as usual.

They give him no speaking part, but if they did, I know what he would be saying. Something like, "Stick with me, kid."

1 comment:

Carol's Corner said...

By the way, I don't go to ReJuv. I go to take care of skin cancer.