Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day

Today my friend Simonne has her birthday, finally.

I'm not really sure how old she is, maybe 11 or 12. Know what I'm sayin'?

But what I really wonder is if this extra day is the reason for the storm--big wind and big noise and snow on the ground and staying.

I mean, it didn't blow and snow yesterday, the normal last day of February. Going straight to March might have spared us this.

Or is it me?

I think I'm a weather prognosticator in reverse. Because yesterday I stood in my living room, looking out at the beautiful blue sky--and we had reached mid-40s--and I actually said out loud. "It's too late now for any more storms."

1 comment:

michelangelo said...

the planet obviously doesn't know february has an extra day this year, so the weather came like a lion because mother earth thought it was march already.

you never should say that it's too late for a winter storm. you'll jinx it every time. of course, you didn't jinx it, really. i already explained that the weather was ready for march.