Thursday, February 7, 2013

You think it's a small thing

I have winter thumbs, and they hurt. You know, the skin splits, and those splits are deep and constantly irritated. Try not using your thumbs. Can't do it.

I have put vaseline and bandaids on the splits overnight, but in the morning it starts all over again.

I've put clear nail polish on the splits, and you may not know it but that burns. Last night I did both
treatments, and my thumbs throbbed all night. My next plan is to go ask a pharmacist what is available for such an ailment. I'll let you know.

Update: Sad to say my pharmacist, a nice young man with a lot of hair, could only say, "That looks sore. But I don't see any infection."

As for remedies, he knew of none.

I am using liquid bandage, something I showed him--$7.19 at my SavOn Pharmacy in the Alberstons store near my home, by the way. I drove to Winco and bought the same stuff for $2.83.

I have applied it. Hope it helps. Will also go online and look for Palmer's cocoa butter.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

In my experience, bag balm works much better than Vaseline, and those liquid skin things hurt a little at first, but don't continue if you get enough on.

Linda said...

try Neutrogena cream - comes in a med-size tube.