Monday, February 11, 2013

Think this one over

I like Phil Mickelsen. He is not my idol, but I like him, and I like what he said the other day.

Here's the backstory.
Last week he won a golf tournament, his 41st or something like that. This week he didn't. In fact, he almost didn't make the cut. I watched him shoot a triple bogey on the 18th hole Saturday. That's pretty bad. When his game was finished, they interviewed him. Here's something close to what he said, the part I liked.

"I play to win. I'm not afraid of failure. I've failed many times, but I always play to win."

I think that means he doesn't play cautiously. He takes the chance.

I don't play golf, but I want to play to win, so to speak. I want to go for it, whatever it is, and take the chance. And I don't think it's too late.


1 comment:

Linda said...

Is this the prelude to an idea??