Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Things mildly important

It's Tuesday.

This morning two robins were hopping and pecking around my front yard. They cheered me some. Still cold, but the robins are back. This is good.

Across the street several starlings were pushing each other out of the way, trying to get at food, of course. 

I wonder what these birds know, I said to myself as I drove away. I hope. I hope. I hope this means what I hope it means.

It's afternoon now, and guess what. That's right. It's snowing.

Maybe it's just a skiff. Nothing serious. I'll let you know.

*     *     *

Related subject.
This winter has seemed long, and we did receive much more snow than usual. I don't like driving in it, especially since the snow removal folks don't know there are people back here, just off Boise Avenue. And our street had lots of snow on it for lots of weeks.

So I have thought about getting a car with all-wheel drive. I have thought about it.

Then I went online and looked at what my 7 1/2 year-old car is worth and thought I'd better keep it. It's worth $11,000 to $17,000. 

It's not new, but it's a good car. I like it. It does have front-wheel drive.

Maybe next winter will be milder.

*     *     *
P.S.
In the time it took to write this post the snow stopped falling. Oh joy! 

1 comment:

Linda said...

hmmm. . . I didn't know Boise had snow removal. . .