Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Yawn

Comes a certain time in the afternoon, and I'm done. I may as well unroll my sleeping bag and crawl in, because my mind has pretty much checked out and taken with it any gumption. As you may have guessed, that time has arriven.

Actually, I have just now arisen from a 15-minute lie down which turned into a troubled hour and twenty minutes. Troubled because I kept opening my eyes and saying, "Okay, I'm getting up." Which I did not do for several of those eye openers.

Daytime naps are a rarity for me. A waste of time. As if I never waste time otherwise. Hmph.

Something happens to me if I sleep too long in the afternoon, besides the regular "it's that time and I'm done" thing. It doesn't seem to make me feel rested. Contrario, I feel logey (I don't know how to spell that word which I learned from my mother) and slow. And perhaps I get a little stupid, as the tone of this post seems to indicate.

And besides, I woke with a song in my head, where it remains--stuck. And why this song? "Sioux City Sue." I could put the lyrics here, but I won't.

A note on the day, this day. WINDY. Very, very. Temperature mid 40s. Although we have had some sun.

There you go.

No comments: