Monday, November 28, 2011

Bobs, Part 5

Then there was Bob Goon.

He and I were a couple for part of our junior year and all of our senior year in high school and for part of the following summer. He was tall, blonde, good looking, smart, on the track team, and his dad played the spoons, which is irrelevant.

Bob became a very successful attorney. Still lives in Santa Monica.

My three girls met Bob in 2004 at a high school reunion. He came over to us. I introduced him to my daughters, and then he said--and I'm not kidding; ask my girls--"I was almost your dad." And he kissed me on the lips. Was that before or after he said that?

Who was more flabbergasted? Me? Or my daughters?

Of course, it was not true. I never even gave marriage to him A THOUGHT. NEVER!.

And it had nothing to do with the fact that I would have been Mrs. Goon. Although that is something to think about.

It had to do with I didn't love him. I already knew who I was going to marry. I never even let Bob kiss me--in all the time we went together. And he could say a thing like that?

Really! Some people!

I just thought of something. That's probably why he kissed me in 2004. Our first kiss.

2 comments:

queenann said...

Ha ha ha! Who got the last word!

GOON!

michelangelo said...

This is the Bob story I have been WAITING for. Bob Goon is a GOON!

I think you told us at the reunion that he probably kissed you because you never let him back when. It was all too little, too late, though. We were all already scarred for life.