Monday, June 3, 2013

Eat at home

When I was young it was a treat when we got to go out to eat. These days, not so much.

The other day I took myself to Jimmy John's for a sandwich. Lola is always telling me how good their sandwiches are. 

Enh. That's my personal critique. I had a turkey with avocado sandwich.

I mean, when their sign says a particular sandwich will have avocado on it, I expect avocado, not some green pasty stuff from a tube. Okay, I guess it's a fast food place. No time for slicing avocados. But shouldn't their sign say the sandwich has avocado paste on it?

Today at home I fixed a salmon burger. A little lime juice on it, a little hot sauce, a little grated cheese, a little lettuce, a little mayonnaise on the bun, and a pickle or two on the side.  Good is what is was. 

Yes, I know. I've already written here about the fact that I get weary of cooking my own food. So? I'm a complicated person. Aren't you?

No comments: