Thursday, May 30, 2013

It's the little things, you know

A while back I was kind of whining right here in this blog about BYU mint truffles and my sad lack thereof.

Today I got paid for whining. Really. And I was stunned and delighted and quite humbled. Truly. Because I got a package in today's mail . . . a lovely container of those very mint truffles. It came from California, from Ami Smith.

"Who is Ami Smith?" I asked as I carried the box in the house. Then I opened it. There were the truffles. Imagine an intake of breath. Mine. And still I didn't understand.

Then I found the postcard with explanation, telling me who she is and that she reads my blog. Imagine another intake of breath. Mine again.

So, Ami, I say thank you. I will love the truffles. But mostly I love that you did such a thing.

1 comment:

Ami said...

You're welcome. I was a silent fan for too long.

Also, Alyce is one of my favorite people. You are her mother. You deserve a lot of thanks for her awesomeness (to quote another of my favorite blogs) too, right?