Thursday, September 8, 2011

Shingles, (Thirteen Ways cont'd. some more)

7.

I had shingles on the left side of my head and face. So now I have scars on and residual pain in my chin, cheek, temple, scalp, ear canal, in front of the ear, and even at the base of the head (that’s the back of the head). Only on the left side. I had no shingles on my nose or above my eye or in my eye, which is good, since shingles in those place would have caused me to lose the sight in the eye and maybe even lose the eye itself.

8.

Pain? Yes. Shingles attack the nerves, in my case, all the nerves that “serve” the head and face, particularly the large nerve that runs along the cheek and jaw. At the beginning the pain is like a neuralgia, and the skin and, in my case, the teeth become sensitive to the touch and ultra sensitive to cold air. As the shingles take hold, the pain changes and intensifies.

* * *

I just think you should know these things.

No comments: