Saturday, March 12, 2011

Mistakes I Have Made

Well, I haven't time to list them all, but here are a few.
  1. I took Clayton to Wendy's today for a hamburger and a frosty. The mistake was that I ordered something for me. A fish sandwich. By the way, the sign at the drive-thru said "Our own fish and chips . . . " and so on. So I asked if the sandwich came with chips. "No. It dosn't come with chips. We don't have any chips here. You can get a side of blah, blah, blah, or fries." I said, "Fries, yes that's what I meant by chips." She said, "I don't know what they mean by chips because we don't have any." I said, "Just the sandwich, please." Even so, it was all a big mistake. Not good food.
  2. At the mall yesterday, in Macy's, I allowed the young woman dressed in black to spray Guilty by Gucci on my right wrist. By the way, I asked--in my ever clever way--"Guilty of what?" She said, "Guilty by Gucci." Oh well, so much for clever. And, you may know already, I soon learned Guilty by Gucci was not my fragrance. Mistake I had to wear throughout the mall.
  3. Around the corner another woman in black offered Thiery Mugler's Angel, a sample I could take home. Okay I thought. Then, like a dope, I allowed her to rub a little of that fragrance's body lotion into the back of my left hand. Mistake. Big mistake. Now I had two smells that were not "me," and neither one was subtle.
Funny, I usually resist all those people, certainly can say no to the Dead Sea Spa people whose aim, I am sure, is to trap innocent shoppers and not let them go until they buy.

So why did I let this happen? I don't know, but I've heard that we all make mistakes.

No comments: