Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pre-Mother's Day Miscellany

My daughters sent me earrings for Mother's Day. They all have them, too. Beautiful silver filigree teardrops. I love them and like very much that we all have them.
 *     *     *
The snake guy, who is not a snake guy, didn't come yesterday. Now he says Monday. So far no more snakes. But I'm kind of spooked.
*     *     *
Alyce celebrates her first Mother's Day tomorrow. I am happy for her.
 *     *     *
Richard called to chat and wish me happy Mother's Day.
 *     *     *
Lola was just here with a bouquet of flowers for me. We had this conversation as she left.

Lola: Clayton made me a Mother's Day card and wrote a poem.
Me: Sweet kid.
Lola: The poem said   Roses are red
                                 Violets are blue
                                 I love you more than
                                 Corn and carrot stew.
Me: Duh.
Lola: Exactly.

No comments: