Tuesday, May 13, 2014

End, I hope, of the rattle snake episode.

Dave, the Orkin expert--but not a snake man--came yesterday. He traversed my property, and he found no rattle snakes or evidence of such. Good. I say.

He said that after our telephone conversation last week he called his mother, "Since you played the mother card on me." His mother lives in Lewiston and in 20 years has seen two rattle snakes on her land, about ten years between sitings.

I liked Dave because he called his mother and no doubt spoke to her about me.

After his outdoor inspection, he went to his truck and put on his coveralls so he could crawl into my crawl space. I told him we built this house 23 years ago and in that time I have never been in that crawl space. "No reason for you to," said Dave. Yep, I like this guy.

Getting into the crawl space was not easy for him, but once in he made a thorough inspection. No sankes there. That's snakes, if you're particular about spelling.

When he had to come out, I said, "I won't watch, but when you're out, see that big black spider there in the corner?"  He thanked me for not watching, saying it would not be pretty and saying he'd take care of the spider.

Which he did.

He also told me when to open and shut the vents in the foundation, actually, to have the Orkin guys who come quarterly to do it for me.

What's not to like about Dave?


No comments: