Monday, June 27, 2011

Whatever

  • Are you kidding me? Water on cold cereal? Twice in one week I've been told about that. People actually do that.
  • Some people who own electric cars are complaining they're too quiet, the cars. And so the drivers don't feel like they're driving real cars. Duh. So now engineers are going to work on how to make those people happy, put noise into the things. Car noise, engine noise. Okay. For me, I'll stick to the cars with real engines, the kind that run on gasoline. And I'm not apologizing.
  • Opened my living room blinds at about 6:30 yesterday morning to find a small robin sitting on my porch railing--right next to my fake owl that is supposed to keep birds away. But really, I put it there to scare the crows and magpies. This little robin was puffed up to keep warm, but he was clearly a young bird. I stood and watched a while. Before long his dad came and fed him a worm. Quite a sweet thing to watch. Don't know how long he had been there before I came down. Still there at 7:10. Gone five minutes later. Today I'll go out and wash off the evidence of his visit.
  • Question: What ever happened to Al Gore? Haven't heard from him for quite a while. Too many people figuring out his science was flawed? (That's putting it politely.) The divorce? He was getting too fat? Who knows? Maybe this bullet belongs on Lotta Torres. Oh well.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Re: Water on cold cereal -- my #2 son eats his cereal like that. I can't watch . . . (He's also a LOT thinner than I am!)