Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Few Things.

  • I count it a good day when I hear from my children. Four out of seven called today--the four who don't live here. Hmmm. Can't call their dad, so they called me. I'll take it.
  • Axel Brimley Schiess, two years old yesterday, celebrates today with his family and his Grandpa Derbowka in Canada. He does not know his Grandpa Schiess, which does not mean Grandpa Schiess doesn't know him.
  • Rained again yesterday and last night. Tomorrow is summer--or is it Tuesday? Whatever. Supposed to be near 90 on Wednesday. I don't doubt it. That's the way it is here. Cool, cold, mild, cool. Then suddenly HOT.
  • After a couple of sleepless nights, I slept well last night. Hallelujah! Not much I enjoy doing in the middle of the night when I should be sleeping.
  • My front lawn looks good. Wonder how long that will last.
  • My neighbors, the Contas, are Ron and Janice. He always calls her Jan. She always calls him Ronald. They are good neighbors. Have no children. She a Jehovah's Witness. He not. He a veteran of the Vietnam War. She a bit of a hypochondriac. (Now I'm sorry I said that. It's probably just ailments attendant to aging. Is that any better?) Their dog, Fred, is attached to Ron. Really. Can't let him out of his sight. They are going on a short trip, and I am to watch their house and collect their mail. Fred's going with them.
  • I found the little basketball out in the gravel. Pumped it up. Don't know why. Those little Darrington boys aren't here to play with it.

1 comment:

queenann said...

Your last bullet--sad. Can't help it.