Saturday, February 26, 2011

It's not just me, is it?

Either I need an ally or some guts. I suspect it will have to be guts.

I just have to take the glasses back . . . again. This time to say I cannot wear them because in this week I have not been able to adjust to the blur and distortion. This time to say you take them back and give me my money back.

That means they'll have to take the lenses out and give me the frames along with the money because I already own the frames.

Then there will be the $200 allowance from True Blue that will have to be refunded. To True Blue.

And it's even more complicated than that. They, the optical part of Intermountain Eye, have remade these lenses twice already. 1. They saw something they didn't like and sent them back to the lab before I ever saw them. 2. When I got them I wore them. I'm lucky I didn't crash on my way home they were so wrong.
  • The "girl" who wrote prescription had left out the prism. Which meant my eyes were not working together, for one thing. For another, shapes were not the shapes they wanted to be. You know, round wants to be round. Square wants to be square.
  • They were too strong.
  • I got headaches, nausea.
So a different "girl" did a re-exam, wrote in the prisms and toned down the strength. And the glasses went back to the lab for another redo.

I thank them for that.

But, their good faith notwithstanding, I cannot see with these glasses. I just can't.

So I will wear my old glasses until they break.
  • Through them I see traffic lights as round.
  • Through them I can see without squinting and can read without using my hands to tip the lenses up.
Then, when they break, I may have to go back to Meridian, where the doctor does the eye exam himself.

Here's my question: Can I do this? Sounds simple enough, right? Well, it isn't. And the whole thing feels like it's my fault or an indication that there is something wrong with me. Besides my far sighted vision.

Well, of course there's something wrong with me. But let's not go into that right now. I mean, isn't there something wrong with everybody?

1 comment:

queenann said...

I strongly dislike how difficult it seems to be for you to get glasses that work.

In fact, I am stressed out just reading this. But I can read it. Without squinting or tipping my glasses or covering one eye or getting a headache or throwing up.