Sunday, January 31, 2010

Really Random

Yesterday I saw a couple I have known since our move to Boise in 1991. But I don't see them often. The funeral brought about this latest meeting. They both look fit, trim, just as they used to. We visited briefly.

About her: I have never in those 19 years seen her real hair. Never. Don't even know if she has real hair. No matter. Her blond wigs are always very nice, very attractive. She only wears one at a time, of course, but I'm guessing she's had more than one.

About him: At least 10 years ago, maybe 15, his hair was salt and pepper gray. Not any more. Funny how that works. Now it is b-lack. Shoe polish black, coal black, ace of spades black. You get the idea. However, I almost didn't notice his hair--take my word for it--because of his teeth, which are really white and really perfect. Is there such a thing as too perfect? And they look like they might be plastic. I don't think they are plastic, but they look like it.

I have no axe to grind here. Simply making random observations.

Do you suppose they went home and wrote a blog about me? Nah.

4 comments:

queenann said...

I know exactly who you are talking about.

Jacobson 'Ohana said...

So do I. :) (By the way he needed work done on his teeth. It has been a painful process for the last year or so. He went out of state for the procedure(s).)

Linda said...

I think I know why this person wears a wig (wigs). She and her husband were very very good friends with a couple who sat behind them in the chapel each Sunday. One day the husband half of this friendly couple made some snide teasing comments that she must be going bald – he could see her pink scalp peeking out from under her thinning hair. She was never seen in public again without a wig. Which just go to show says Aesop – one must always be careful what one says to another. Feelings are very fragile. And I did see her once without a wig when I called unexpectedly at her home and caught her out in the yard. She disappeared very quickly into the house and re-emerged with a scarf tied around her head. Sad . . .

Wendy said...

So much for the anonymity of "a couple." Pictured them right away--good description.