Saturday, January 30, 2010

Random

1. The small pickup with this on the side: Pepsi Bottling Ventures
Don't know why, but it struck me as strange because Pepsi has been around a very long time, long enough that its bottling might not be considered very venturesome. I'm sure it was an official truck, but I wonder what the bottling ventures are. Stuff other than Pepsi, or what used to be called Pepsi-Cola, I guess.

2. The woman: about 6'3", slender, wearing black, high-heeled boots, black tights, black very short skirt, black layers on top, very dark long straight hair, ample make-up on a face that I cannot call beautiful, (although I know, I know, each person has a beauty). Very styled and very stylish. Can't be sure, of course, but I think it was maybe a man.

3. Another woman, this one came into my home, heard the music playing on the CD player, and began talking about her record alblums. Oh yes, I heard it correctly, all four times. Made me blink and look at her a little askance. Sorry.

4. In the car, which was not running at that moment, I was talking on the phone and trying to write with a pen I keep in the car, holding the paper on my knee. It didn't work, so I said to the person on the phone, "This pen isn't working. I'll call you later." In a few minutes, my four-year-old grandson Charlie said, "Grandma, in winter everything dries up." I said, "That's right, Charlie," and was about to point to the brown hills and begin instruction on the subject. But before I could he said, "Maybe ink dries up, too."

No comments: