Monday, December 1, 2008

My Granddaughter

Cory. Just last year she was Cori. But now she says she will spell her name as it was given to her. Why? Because that other spelling was a bit childish, and she is more grown up now. It's true. I mean she has views and opinions and understanding and some knowledge, all of which show her grownupness. So Sarah, you who are colored grown up, your little sister is approaching grownuphood, too.

Nice visit, good girl. She calls me Grandma, which I am, and sometimes Grandmother--just for fun--which I also am.

We sat up in my bed Friday night and talked until after 1 a.m. and Saturday night sat in the same spot to watch a movie together. I say you can't beat that.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That's so great! I miss Idaho! Every time Cory brings it up, I get a little sad that I wasn't there, too.