Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Confession

Okay, so here's the truth.
1. The Obama smokes blog was an experiment.
2. I don't care that Obama smokes, but I really didn't know he smoked, not having read the NY Times article Alex quoted from.
3. I thought and think he is gently handled by the media.
4. I know nothing about the voter registration. That part I kind of made up and threw in as "evidence." I thought of it after conversing with a friend who lost re-election to the state legislature and is contacting, one by one, the 2500 new voter registrants and has found a 15% discrepancy so far.
5. I do not repudiate the election of Obama. Certainly not because he smokes.
6. I do wonder how his "change" will translate into reality and how it will affect us.
7. I don't look to government to solve life's problems and take care of everything.
8. I have a theory, which I used to express to my students: people respond to the negative, they like conflict and controversy. That posting seemed to verify my theory. I also found out someone reads this blog. Sometimes.
9. Of course, and this has nothing to do with politics, the theory also includes the idea that the darker, more negative aspects of life are easier to write about. Finding words to express joy is a harder task. This is the theory, but in brief.

1 comment:

Alex said...

I read your blog. And I thoroughly enjoy it. Thanks for sharing.