Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Change Is Good

Alyce, you know, Alyce my daughter, has changed my life. She and Saxby. Saxby her son. Because of them I now buy chunky--the label says crunchy--peanut butter. It's what they eat.

All my life I have preferred plain--the label says creamy--peanut butter, with its plainness. But now I prefer chunky. It's not plain but it's good.

Shows to go you, people can change.

I have liked peanut butter all my life. As a very young child I made my own peanut butter sandwiches, peanut butter and mustard or, and this was the exception, peanut butter and Miracle Whip. I said I was a child. Where was my mother at these times? Obviously, we had no jam or, and more likely, I didn't like jam. Too sweet. I also don't like Miracle Whip now. I did, but I don't.

Peanut butter and honey was also rare. Not any more. And if anyone had told me a few years ago that I would have a peanut butter and honey sandwich every day, I would have said, "No way." (I was tempted there to say, I would have said, "You're nuts." Too obvious.)

But the truth is I do have such a sandwich every day. Happily. And now I have it with chunks of peanut in the peanut butter. It seems only right.

And always these sandwiches are with my homemade whole wheat bread. I can't help it if that sounds righteous. It's just the truth.

Maybe this is not important enough to write about. Tough.

1 comment:

michelangelo said...

Righteous! (Said like a surfer, of course.)