Tuesday, May 17, 2016

A Few Matters of Importance. To Me.

Matt and his dad Jeff have gone now. They are this year's mowers. While they were out there mowing, I made three mistakes: 1. I went out to talk to Matt. 2. I went out again to talk to Matt and water my flowers and wash my front door/window. 3. I went out when Jeff rang my doorbell and wanted to show me stuff.

Going out is bad for me this season. I'm not happy about it. I'm supposed to be cured of allergies.

The mowers: This is their first time here. Matt is handsome and tall. Jeff tries not to say things, like, my lawn was just too long. Instead, when I said it looks good, now that it's mowed, he said something like it could have been baled. Cute. So. Grass grows, and I think letting it grow an extra week helped it. And it wasn't all that long.

I don't like to pay them the $30 a week, but I will. I certainly can't do it myself.

*     *     *

Our concert last Friday night was good, but my feet still hurt. I bet I'm not the only one. I have volunteered to take on the job of scheduling, calling about, sending signups, and providing driving directions for our Christmas season sing-outs.

I don't know why. I just thought I should.

*     *     *

Tomorrow night Andrew and I will go to Aaron's senior award concert. You know, Andrew, my son, Aaron, his son. Senior concert should tell you that Aaron is graduating. So is his cousin Davis down there in Austin, Texas.

Aaron plays trombone. He is first chair of the trombone section in his Borah High School band. He is in the marching band, too, and he plays in the jazz band. And Lola has heard him in the jazz band and says he is good. You know, Lola, my daughter, and you can trust her.

Aaron tried out for Boise State's prestigious Blue Thunder Marching Band, and he got in. HE GOT IN! And that's a big deal. He's happy, and we're proud of him.

No comments: