Friday, February 5, 2010

Last Night

I had people over, 15 of them, for a late supper. It was nice. It was fun. And it quite wore me out getting ready for it. One friend asked, as he stood eating, what I had done with my day. Strange question, I thought, as I looked around at my sparkling kitchen and all the food therein. However, I did not say, "You're eating it."

But the bottom line is that the night has left me with gratitude for those people--I love them--and for my home. I think every person said something about "your lovely home." How nice of them to say it. But it's true. My home is lovely, and I'm ever grateful and glad to have it.

They told me the food was good, too. It was.

1 comment:

Linda said...

So sorry we weren't there. Seems I'm stuck at home with a woozy head and sore throat. . . But we did think of you and all you do.