Friday, October 24, 2008

More My Politics, Sorry

People say, and I have heard them, that there is no real difference between our two presidential candidates--politically or governmentally, that is. But there is, or there should be. One represents the people who believe the government should take care of us, of everything, be in our lives, everpresent. That would be Obama.

The other represents the people who do not want the government in our lives everpresent, do not want to look to government for the fixes, would rather rely on the self, the person, the people. That would be McCain.

Now, those are certainly simplified explanations, and I am speaking of theory. But I'll stand by what I have said here. What I do not know, of course, is what might happen after the election. I want to believe that McCain really does represent Republican thinking.

And, of course, I have no idea what the Congress might do.

But I think we can see what happens when we look to government to fix everything. It can't be done, and however it turns out, it's costly for us, the people.

No comments: