Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hmmm

Is it lying?

Jan came again today. This zucchini was slightly smaller than the first one, only 22 inches long and not quite as big around as my thigh. She asked again if it was too big.
I thought, "Yes."
I thought, "Obviously it's too big for you."
I thought, "I hate being in this predicament."
I thought, "You look very tired. I cannot refuse this squash."
So I said, "Oh no, I know what to do with it."

"What?" she asked.

I told her about freezing the pulp for zucchini bread. She had never heard of this process.

Here's the thing. It's true. I do know to do that with gigantic zucchinis, and I didn't really say I was going to do it. So is that lying?

Two other things I know to do:

One is what I just did. Put them both in an Albertsons bag, tie it up, and drop it in the garbage can. Tomorrow is trash day.

Two is say no to the next one. I just have to.

5 comments:

queenann said...

I hate this story.

Lucile Eastman said...

I love this story. Maybe Ann has never grown zucchini. We've had about a dozen off our plants, so far. We pick them very early, they are very small and eat them the same day. Nice. But now we leave for a week. When we return, we will probably find some very large ones. Maybe we could send them to Jan.

Carol's Corner said...

Ann is growing zucchini as we speak, so to speak.
Don't know why she hates the story.

Unknown said...

This story reminds me of a christmas present I got one year from my brother's girlfriend. She gave me a used T-Shirt from the Phys Ed class at her university. It was accompanied by a note that said "Heavens, it's the thought that counts."
And I thought..."Exactly. It's the thought that you would give me a used T-Shirt with a hole in the armpit."

Carol's Corner said...

Yeah