Saturday, March 4, 2017

It's Bloody, But Not Very

Last Tuesday I put out an S O S--Sick Of Snow--and Glory Be! we've had no snow since. Such power I have.

Except when it comes to blood draws. Like yesterday, two different places, two different people. No blood, no way.

First at my dr's office. I had told them--if fact I have told them a dozen times--please send in the best/phlebotomist, But, no, they sent in Mort. Mort Demers. It's French, he said, the last name. So full of himself, so certain this should be a situation of him up and me down. You know, he knows everything and I know nothing. He told me how good he is at this blood drawing thing. Turns out he couldn't even find the veins, but that didn't stop him from poking a needle in. He was ready to try the back of my hand but couldn't find a vein there either. Of course, it's my fault. I should have drunk more water. Like all night long, I guess

I didn't tell him Mort means death. It's French.

I think now Mort is intimidated by me. Ordinarily that would not please me, but in this case it pleases me a lot.

They sent me to another St Luke's clinic. "They can get your blood." A guarantee.

Shelby, a nice big girl, was a floater there yesterday, and they had not shown her where "the adapters" were. She could see she would have to use a small needle because my veins are small, but small needles require adapters to collect the blood. She looked in every cabinet. No adapters. She called in help, but that person didn't know where the adapters were either. She looked at my arm again. I showed her where Mort had failed to get blood. She said whoever did that should not have stuck a needle in there.

"Who did it?" she asked. "Mort," I said. "Oh, that explains it," she said. Apparently she knows Mort. By the way, I say she's big, but it only means tall. Mort is big, and it means obese.

I left the second St Luke's clinic because--well if you have read about the adapters that could not be found, you know why.

I called my regular clinic, made another appointment for next Monday and told them I wanted Molly, only Molly. (She's a real phlebotomist.) I also said I don't want Mort to come anywhere near me.

Also, just so you know, I lost my debit card in one of those clinics.

No comments: