Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Dream

Weird.
Richard, sort of, not exactly Richard, driving the car, someone else, Jeff or someone like him. He's big. I'm passenger, big guy in the back seat.

A dog and then a cat try to get in because of something Richard has. I'm not sure what. They can smell it, and they are strong, very strange looking. The dog has some kind of protuberance sticking out from his head. I think Richard had to kill the dog--somehow--because it used that thing to break the windshield and was in the car, and that was apparently the worst thing that could happen. Ever in this world.

So he kills the dog. Its owners are furious. We have to get away fast, but suddenly there's a cat coming in my window. It is big and strong and very determined. I push and push it as I'm rolling up the window. It falls away as Richard speeds up. I think it died. I'm not sorry.

Our escape takes us to a city, sort of, and we drive around for a while. It looks ugly and unfinished. Enormous cardboard boxes instead of buildings. The city was or became or we said it was Spokane, and we said it was beautiful.

I needed to get back. Where? Don't know. I had Richard drop me off to walk so he could avoid any more animals.

All the while, "Unchained Melody" is stuck in my head. I woke up singing it. And that is not necessarily a good thing.

You know it, "Oh, my love, my darling, I've hungered for your touch, a long lonely time. Time goes by so slowly, and time can do so much. Are you still mine? I need your love. I need your love. God speed your love to me. Lonely rivers flow to the sea, to the sea, to the open arms of the sea. Lonely rivers sigh wait for me, wait for me. I'll be coming home, wait for me." And so on.

I had to put all down here. Maybe now I can get it unstuck from my brain.

No comments: