Tuesday, February 17, 2015

I'm still here.

If I could, I'd write in the east Indian accent of my doctor, Dr Bhavananda Reddy. Some of his words I missed at first, but we spoke many times, and my ears adapted.

Here is one of his sayings that I will remember always. "You have got to stop hating doctors and medications!"

My reply: stunned silence.

I could say he was right. I have felt disdain for some, only some--okay, most--doctors much of my life, and for auto mechanics (they both get paid even when they guess wrong) and have, for a fact, hated medications.

But

I'm taking them faithfully now. And I love Dr Reddy.

One more. When I thanked Dr Reddy, he said, "Don't thank me. Thank God!"

My reply: "I am thanking Him."
You may notice my use of exclamation marks when I quote Dr Reddy. There's a reason for that.

Of course, there's more to tell. Like about who actually saved my life. I'm still here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank You! I was beginning to worry again!