Monday, January 28, 2013

Still, I'm happy

I hear my washer working out there. It's an okay washer, better than the big beautiful expensive Samsung. It gets the clothes clean. Cleaner than the Samsung. And it spins okay. Better than the Samsung, believe it or not.

But it isn't as good as my old Kenmore or as good as my sister's Whirlpool, which is several years older than this one of mine. My Whirlpool is not exactly a whirlpool, if you get my meaning. It's just average. It agitates more slowly, more carefully, I guess is the right word.

For my safety, no doubt.

And, though I am no child and not likely to stick my arm into an agitating or spinning washing machine, it has--as did the Samsung--a lock. Yes, that's right, for my safety, the lid locks as soon as the washer fills with water and begins the wash cycle.

I find this feature annoying.

No comments: