Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The First Snow Fall of the Year

10:30 and already a lotta snow, I'd guess about 4 inches, and, to quote the old song, "it shows no signs of stopping."

Yes, we need it. Need the water it will produce next Spring.

And I think of those people at the nearby ski resorts--Bogus Basin, for one--and how happy they are today. If they haven't already gone out of business. I hope they haven't.

Skiers, tobogganers, sledders, a happy bunch.

It's beautiful, too.

It was supposed to begin at 9 a.m. so I went to Curves at 6:30, thinking I'd be home ahead of the snow. But it had already begun to fall when I left my house, and in the 50 minutes I spent at Curves enough came down to make driving home scary. Borderline treacherous.

Glad I did a little shopping last night, because I don't plan to leave my house again today.

It's warm in here; my sheets are clean; I'm clean; plenty of food and water, things to do. I sound like I'm planning to stay in the rest of the winter. I hope not.

I write simply to mark the day and acknowledge the snow.

No comments: