Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hair Matters

I grew up a blonde. Truly. And I like to believe I appreciated the fact of it. Maybe not. Young people are a lot less smart than they think they are. Even me. Maybe.

Now my hair is white. Actually, white in front and on the sides, gray in back.

Last night I dreamed my hair was brown. I looked at it from every angle, hand mirror and all. You know, checking to be sure it was really brown. Well, from every angle on the left side. I don't know what this means, the left side thing. I guess it was sufficient to assure me the whole head of hair was brown.

I was really happy to have brown hair. Not even asking for blond hair, just so it wasn't white, I guess. And it looked great.

Other parts of the dream were equally fantastic. As in unreal. But for however long it takes to dream something--and I hear it's seconds, bummer--I was a brown-haired happy woman.

No comments: