Saturday, July 23, 2011

Jicama follow up

Okay, so jicama does have a taste. And I don't like it.

I fixed the jicama, navel orange, lime juice, chili powder recipe Ann sent. I thank her for it, and I don't suppose she calls it what I call it--how to ruin a perfectly good orange. Thank goodness for the orange and the lime juice.

It's a to-each-his-own thing. I've found my own, as the song says, and it isn't jicama.

I did eat it but could not eat all of it. I hope I ate enough to engage my body in a calory-burning digestion of it.

And, yes, it's zero points.

2 comments:

Jacobson 'Ohana said...

I like the jicama in the BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad from CPK. I order it every time I eat there. That's the only time I eat jicama.

queenann said...

You are entitled not to like it. Sorry for the waste of an orange.

I have, I want you to know, purchased a bad jicama once or twice--chalky with an off taste. Can't eat them. Others are better and I could sit eating them plain for a good long time.

Will you make a report at weight watchers about it?