Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Aging, Part 2

Maybe I didn't look quite old enough, and now I do. There's no mistaking white hair and what it says.

Maybe there was some look on my face that irritated or a challenge in my eyes. Maybe I looked like I thought I was smart; that's always a challenge. Maybe I was always looking for resistance, looking for a fight.

Maybe that's all gone now.

I say it because people seem nicer, more cordial, more accommodating. Even those young service people behind counters. Maybe I look less threatening, a smile on my face, something more welcoming in my eyes.

I'm not sure if it's me or if it's them, but it's real.

3 comments:

Rach said...

There is a great scripture about aging. It's Psalms 92:12-14

Lucile Eastman said...

Today at Costco the girl behind the counter called me "Hon." What does that mean?

Carol's Corner said...

Whatever it means it made me laugh out loud.