Saturday, January 21, 2017

Ho Hum

Nobody likes a complainer. Tough. We're all complaining. Too much snow. Do you hear? Too much. Snow.

The good parts:

  • People are kind, neighborly, helpful. Really.
  • There are breaks in the snow, meaning a day now and then when it doesn't snow or freeze. That's when people get out of their houses and go. Costco is packed, long lines, everybody knowing why. Smiles and chuckles abound. All in the same boat, so to speak.
  • And the old one, it's pretty.
The not so good:
  • Not today. It's not pretty. Dirt and slosh and deep sloppy icy ruts in the road. Read in my street. Makes driving scary, and I'm not kidding.
  • Accidents. Plenty.
  • Fear of flooding, as in schools and basements.
  • Children who happily celebrate a few no school days are now sick of staying home.
  • Not to mention their parents.
All this you already know. But now I've said it.I hope I feel better.

No comments: