Saturday, April 30, 2016

Sunday Morning

My voice. I had one. I could say I still have a voice, that I sing. But it's not the way it used to be. 

Well, what is.

Let me get this in here before I forget. I directed a large group of young men and women, preparing them to go down to Salt Lake to sing in the Church's final June Conference. Among the music we learned and sang very well, thanks to me, Lucille Wilson, and those kids, was the Beethoven Hallelujah. Thrilling. 

I also directed that piece with a large stake choir in Nampa Stake. Again, Lucille Wilson accompanying. This morning I heard the Tabernacle Choir sing it, and I wept through the whole thing.

Why? you ask. I can think of a few reasons. Only one is that it is exciting and beautiful. The rest have to do with me.

No comments: