Tuesday, August 11, 2015

What To Do About It? Part 1

Shall we (not in the sense of "Let's do," but rather in the sense of "Is this what will happen?") go to our graves with our sweetest thoughts, our deepest feelings, our hopes and aspirations left unspoken, unwritten, unknown by anyone outside ourselves? I believe my husband did. I believe I will.

Yes, I have blogs, and I post to them. But much of what I write there is superficial. I have kept a journal sporadically through the years and have filled little note pads with whatever came to  mind. Even so it is not "an hundredth part." And sometimes not even the real part.

And who on this earth will, not shall, ever read it? No, an hundredth part or not, I do not see all that I have written being read. That is why we write, isn't it? And, trust me, no one is listening.

Besides, and here is a contradiction, I have never said or written what is in the deepest part of myself. Never written those secret thoughts or confessed those secret deeds. I write what is on my mind, or what comes into my mind. With limits. Perhaps it is self-censorship or simply good judgment. Whichever, it's a fact that there are self-imposed limits.


I believe we want to be known--not by everyone--by those few people we love and trust. I do not know if I speak here for others or for myself alone when I say we want to be known, but that has long been my belief. Oh, how could I forget? I know people who will tell everything to anyone and leave nothing out. I am not one of those.  

No comments: