Thursday, January 8, 2015

At Curves this morning . . .

. . . two women, both over 50, were talking about movies they had seen recently. I came in at the middle of their conversation.
#1: The theatre was nearly empty. I wondered if they're going to make it.
#2: Did you like the movie?
#1: Yes, and I really liked Gone Girl.
#2: Oh, so did I.
#1: I don't like fantasy or transformer stuff or anything like that.
#2: I've seen my share of transformer movies. I used to take my son until he was old enough to go by himself.
#1: Oh, yes.
#2: But I like stuff that is semi-true.
Me: Then you must love President Obama. (I didn't say it. I wasn't part of the conversation.)

*     *     *

Have you ever done metathesis?  I have, as a joke. But today it just happened to me. Accidentally. My friend Patricia came into Curves about the time I was leaving. We spoke briefly. 

When I was going out the door, I said, "Bye Trapicia."
Of course, I corrected it, but it shook me up a little bit. She assured me I'm not losing my mind.
I believe her.

No comments: