Friday, December 28, 2012

An Idea

Driving home just now I saw this verse of scripture on a car bumper. Actually, an SUV, but I don't suppose that matters. 2 Chronicles 7:14. So I came home and looked it up.

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Here's what I wonder. If you put that scripture on your bumper, do you forget it's there? I'm afraid that's likely. Or is it already part of your thinking so that you do those four things, or try to, every day? 
  1. humble yourself (myself)
  2. pray
  3. seek your (my) Father's face
  4. turn from your (my) wicked ways
I believe we are called by God's name. Or by the name of his son. We have taken his name and call ourselves Christians. And, goodness knows, we need forgiveness. And we need healing.

It's not on my bumper sticker, but it's in my head now and worth trying, I say. I wonder how long I'll remember.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Very interesting. I am reading The Harbinger -- it says the same thing.