Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dr Irritant

I've been to see the dermatologist again. This is a yearly thing, you know, unless something on my skin requires surgery. Actually, I'm waiting to hear the results of the three biopsies he performed yesterday.

Two on my face, one on the base of my neck. You probably don't want to know that part. But I have to say that you don't want some guy named Brian to numb your nose. It requires a needle, you know. Brian is new. I don't know what happened to the other guy, the Asian.

Before the biopsies, Dr Irritant shot my face with the freezing stuff. Nitrogen, I guess. He said, "Do you want these brown spots gone?"

Duh.

So he said he would freeze them off "as a courtesy."

I assume that means no charge.

He is a nice guy, no matter what I call him. A very nice guy. I think (hope) he is also a good doctor.

Now. As to his demeanor. He hugged me again. I could live without it, but it's just the way he is. He said, again, that I have such a beautiful face and he hates to mess it up. (That, I am sure, he says to all women patients.)

But here's the news. He did not call me kid. That was VERY noticeable. Believe me.

This time he addressed me as lady. I hardly knew what to think.

And I wonder, is that some kind of graduation? I've moved to an upper level in his affections? Maybe. Or maybe he looked at my chart and saw my age.

His nurse did call me Hon.

No comments: